Business & Digital Transformation Program
LocalTapiola is one of Finland’s largest finance and insurance groups, with 1,6 million private and 150 000 commercial customers and a market share of 30% in P&C insurance.
The Problem Statement
LocalTapiola Group has defined a new strategy and vision to provide its customers with life-long security. In order to support their new strategy and vision, Local Tapiola Group’s management has initiated a program to extensively modernize their IT environment as their current IT environment is rather complex and wouldn’t support the new strategy very well. The new strategy requires not only changes on the IT side but more importantly also changes to their business.
We worked with LocalTapiola to support the management team in the coordination of the upcoming business change. We focused on identifying the short and long-term changes that LocalTapiola’s vision would require. With the chosen service design tools, we provided a vision of what the change would potentially look like for the customer, LocalTapiola employees and for LocalTapiola’s other stakeholders and partners.
- Interviews with various experts and observations of LocalTapiola’s operations in different lines of business
- Visualization of the potential change from the customers’, employees’, other stakeholders’ and partners’ point of view
- Service Blueprints, mock-ups and use cases to align business needs with enterprise architecture
- Business change risk mapping
- The outcome of our work served as part of the foundation for the program’s next phases, in which detailed business requirements are defined for the upcoming development phases.
LocalTapiola has established a very skilled and motivated organization who will transform the group and fulfill LocalTapiola’s vision. We helped LocalTapiola begin this journey with working in the following areas:
- Creating a deep understanding of the vision across the program organization and all business lines
- Bringing the customer and employee point of view into the center of business development and IT architecture work
- Senior advisory view on how to deliver successful transformation programs